Thursday, June 11, 2020

Masks - standing for justice when their aint no peace

Masks

‘standing for justice when their aint no peace’

 

Am I doing this for me, or for you? I am not too sure even myself.  But these masks we wear aint the ones of cloth or mesh you see, but the ones of hypocrisy. I don’t claim to be perfect, I know I never was, but I aint standing for this no more, Nah, I’m just done.

I aint standin’ for this justice, when their aint no peace.

We got our mommas screamin' in the streets, fathers wrapped up in black sheets, sisters cryin’ for brothers that aint comin’ home, brothers crying for sisters that got shot in their home. We told to take step back and breathe, but it's hard to breathe when you got that knee on my throat.

I aint standin’ for this justice, when their aint no peace.

We been told to get out the vote, and do, but when the choice is the lesser of two evils, we’re the ones getting’ screwed. We have to fight for our families, and we have to take old oaths made new, about brothers before blood, and swearin’ to be soldiers til we older to pay our due.

We aint standin’ for this justice, when their aint no peace.

The squared up black pixels aint fightin’ it when I’m blackin’ out, from all the pixels that aint moving, of all the death in my town. Yeah, we got power to change things, we got to take a stand, against that power, that evil puts man against man. Brother against brother, against mother, against man.

I aint standin’ for this justice, when their aint no peace.

Am I doing this for me or for you? You talk of promising peace and prosperity as long as we kiss that ring. But there aint no peace when someone gets shot. And only then, after days of screaming, do you come out. I see you in your mask, talking that talk, but when it comes down to it, the bottom line is money and power… and one of those we aint got.

I aint standin’ for this justice, when their aint no peace.

We’re done and we’re through, with all the lies you been feedin’,

We’re done with your justice.

You aint gettin’ any peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment